The Importance of Offering FUE and FUT
Published on May 23, 2017 by Glenn Charles
If you are looking at the possibility of having a hair transplant, you want to make sure you have all of your options open. There are two different types of hair transplant: both Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Excision (FUE). Some practices specialize in one or the other, but we suggest you go somewhere that specializes in both. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- FUE & FUT are both great techniques but sometimes one is more beneficial than the other depending on patient’s needs. Every patient and case is different so having the ability to talk about both options with the same doctor is very beneficial.
- Both procedures may work on the same patient so a doctor that will discuss the pros/cons of each technique to help the patient determine which will be best is an advantage.
- The skills used in FUE are used as well in FUT so the fine details that are required are more than second nature to the technicians.
- Your Physician & Technicians are typically more experienced. It’s typically easier to train just one technique so the fact that they are specialized in both is a huge advantage and shows the time and care the practice takes to train their team.
- The doctor can more openly help the patient decide which procedure is best for him/her. If a doctor specialized/performs only ONE of the techniques the doctor may be little more inclined to convince a patient that THEIR method of expertise is best so the patient will stay there, while a doctor that offers both procedures will help decide honestly which would be best for their patient.
At the end of the day, it is up to YOU which doctor you feel most comfortable with, but going to a clinic such as Charles Medical Group that offers both FUT & FUE procedures will give you more information and options regarding your possible hair transplant procedure.